Taking place on unceded Coast Salish territory – Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, & Musqueam nations.
Hosted by Gallery Gachet.
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
Tami Starlight – 2-Spirit Nehiyawak (also known as Cree) elder from the Peguis Nation (Manitoba)
vanessa bui – first-generation Vietnamese youth born on traditional Lekwungen & WSANEC territory (Victoria, BC)
– both currently reside on unceded Coast Salish territory (Vancouver, BC)
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps)
Cost: by donation (no one turned away due to lack of funds)
Location: Gallery Gachet, 88 East Cordova Street, Vancouver BC
Date: Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
– discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– anti-oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, & horizontal group/community structures
– the building, workshop space, and nearby washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation has been secured for this event.
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event. For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities: http://dualpowerproductions.com/2011/03/14/multiple-chemical-sensitivities-mcs-accessibility-basics/
– This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.