Taking place on unceded Coast Salish territory – Matsqui, Kwantlen & Katzie nations.
Hosted by Kwantlen PIRG
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
Tami Starlight – 2-Spirit Nehiyawak (also known as Cree) elder from the Peguis Nation (Manitoba)
vanessa bui – first-generation Vietnamese youth born on traditional Lekwungen & WSANEC territory (Victoria, BC)
– both currently reside on unceded Coast Salish territory (Vancouver, BC)
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps)
Cost: $5 – $50 sliding scale; no one turned away due to lack of funds
Location: Room L1030, West Building, Kwantlen Polytechnic University-Langley Campus, 20901 Langley Bypass, Langley BC
Date: Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
– discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– anti-oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, & horizontal group/community structures
– the building, workshop space, and nearby washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation has been secured for this event.
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event. For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities:http://dualpowerproductions.com/2011/03/14/multiple-chemical-sensitivities-mcs-accessibility-basics/
– This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.
for more info or accessibility requests please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
PLEASE HELP PRINT & DISTRIBUTE!
– 12×18 colour poster: http://tinyurl.com/kbdnrnl
– 12×18 B&W poster: http://tinyurl.com/olxyjkl
– 8.5×11 B&W flyers: http://tinyurl.com/o7rva6y