we will be holding a workshop at this years 11th annual Victoria Anarchist Bookfair and we hope to see you there!
Friday, September 9th, 2016
University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS), Student Union Building, Room B025, 3800 Finnerty Road, victoria, bc
2:00pm – 3:50pm
– ASL interpretation is currently being secured
– the building entrance, workshop space, and washrooms are wheelchair accessible
– the workshop space is a scent-free/scent-reduced space; please refrain from wearing perfumes, colognes and/or other scents
– accessibility and safety guidelines for the bookfair can be found here: http://victoriaanarchistbookfair.ca/index.php/accessibility-and-safer-space-policy/
– if there are accessibility needs that must be met to ensure meaningful participation in this workshop please email bookfair organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org and workshop facilitators: email@example.com
The workshop will be a facilitated circle discussion about colonization from an Indigenous context within Canada and include an exploration of anti-oppression terminology. Will be focusing on grassroots community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, & horizontal group/community structures.
facebook event page for workshop: https://www.facebook.com/events/529915343879835/
facebook event page for bookfair: https://www.facebook.com/events/1611723889141685/
The Anti-Oppression Network on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAntiONetwork/
Victoria Anarchist Bookfair: http://victoriaanarchistbookfair.ca