Taking place on unceded Coast Salish Territory – Tsleil-Waututh, Musqueam, and Squamish nations.
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
**Report back from the spring 2014 tour!! **
Tami Starlight – Nehiyawak (also known as Cree) from the Peguis Nation is traveling from Vancouver / unceded Coast Salish territory to Montreal / Mohawk, Kanienkehaka, & Haudenosaunee territory.
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps)
Cost: $5 – $50 sliding scale; no one turned away due to lack of funds
Location: 1530 Canadian Pacific Lecture Room, SFU Harbour Centre, 515 W Hastings Street, Vancouver BC
Date: Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Time: 2:00pm – 5:30pm
– discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– Anti-Oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– Community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, conflict resolutions & horizontal group/community structures
– the building, workshop space, and washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation will not be available for this event. A second workshop in July will be organized to have ASL interpretation, please stay tuned. (email us if you would like to be notified of the event or leave a message down below.)
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event. For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivities:http://dualpowerproductions.com/2011/03/14/multiple-chemical-sensitivities-mcs-accessibility-basics/
– This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.
for more info or accessibility requests please email: email@example.com